| Jan 28, 2016
With an organization like the Bellevue Downtown Association that is so heavily involved in the community, it can be a daunting task keeping track of the different events, sponsorships and the overall bills. Not to mention managing the budget throughout the year. While numbers can be intimidating to some, Cookie Schlocker revels in keeping numbers in check and balanced. Take a few minutes to learn a little bit about her.
1. What do you do for the BDA?
I am the bookkeeper/accountant for the BDA.
2. What is your philosophy towards your work?
I love what I do and it is a bonus to work with such great people.
3. What is your ideal comfort food?
Macaroni and cheese
4. If you could live in any other country where would you go?
5. What is your favorite thing about your career?
The perfection of everything being in balance.
6. What movie or novel character do you most identify with?
"Must Love Dogs"
7. Have you sung karaoke? What’s “your” song, why?
I sang karaoke once - disaster because I chose the wrong song. I would choose “Here, there and everywhere," if I were to do it again.
8. If you were stranded on a desert island what three things would you bring and why?
My two dogs and coffee. Dogs would keep me company and would be a calming effect. And coffee because I can't imagine a day without it.
9. Which is the best vacation you’ve ever had?
Trip to Europe with my family.
10. How do you want to be remembered?
As a kind, caring, smart and funny woman.
11. If you were to tell someone “Thank You” for helping you become the person you are today, who would it be?
12. What do your hope for the BDA?
Continued success with the great events and the impact they have and may continue to have on the city of Bellevue.