1209 124th Avenue NE
Bellevue, WA 98005
REI at the Spring District
This development represents another step in the co-op’s vision to create a hub that is accessible, sustainable, and connected to the community. The review process typically takes 9-12 months and, once approved, REI can begin construction. REI still plans to relocate its Kent campus to Bellevue in 2020.
- Two Buildings
- Building 1: 2 Story Office Building
- Building 2: 5 Story Office Building
- 876 Parking Stalls
At this early stage in the design process, REI has made several sustainable design decisions, including:
- The building is positioned for optimal solar orientation
- Windows will be strategically placed to maximize daylight into the workplace
- Energy efficiency features will be incorporated throughout the building
- The landscape will feature edible garden species and native vegetation
Hub for REI and Community
REI’s vision is to create a campus that brings co-op employees and the local community together. The public can easily move across the campus on a series of three public pedestrian paths, linking nearby transit and residential areas. The space may also include public amenities such as a retail location, coffee shops and food options.
Photo Credit: Rendering by NBBJ