BDA Study Tour
Mark your calendars to explore San Diego, California!
September 27-29, 2023
More details regarding this year's tour and registration forms coming soon.
Have questions? Please contact Matt Jack with questions regarding registration or the program. We look forward to seeing you in September!
What is a Study Tour?
The BDA organizes an annual group of community stakeholders to visit another downtown. Typically a three-day urban excursion, the study tour itinerary is designed to expose the group to a range of experiences that helps broaden their understanding of other downtown communities.
What to look forward to:
- Walking tours guided by local experts.
- Hear from visionary leaders who are implementing plans, building projects and managing growth.
- Network and build relationships with fellow delegates committed to strengthening the economic and cultural vitality of Downtown Bellevue.
- Learn lessons and innovative ideas related to city building that help guide future decision-making in Bellevue.
Lessons attendees come back with:
- In-depth look at attractions shaping the downtown experience.
- Insight on core economic development, transportation and land use issues.
- Review emerging opportunities and trends.
- New strategies for shaping downtown livability.
- Unique marketing practices that define and enhance a downtown's profile.
Past Study Tour Destinations
- (2019) Arlington, Virginia
- (2019) Dallas, Texas
- (2018) Santa Monica, California
- (2017) Nashville, Tennessee
- (2016) San Jose, California
- (2015) Minneapolis, Minnesota
- (2014) Austin, Texas
- (2013) Pasadena, California
- (2012) Denver, Colorado
If you want more information about joining the next study tour delegation, please contact Matt Jack, Policy Director.