2022 BDA Study Tour
SAVE THE DATE:
April 27-29, 2022
Mark your calendars for the next BDA Study Tour to the National Landing in Arlington, VA. Details and registration will be available soon.
Sign up for our 2022 interested list and be the first to know when registration opens!
What is a Study Tour?
The study tour is an organized group trip to another destination for the purpose of gathering information that can be helpful to enhancing their home community.
The BDA organizes an annual delegation of community stakeholders to visit another downtown. Typically a three-day urban excursion, the study tour agenda is designed to expose the delegation to a range experiences that'll help broaden their understanding of other downtown communities.
Walking tours - travel on foot through an urban environment with a wireless headset while a local expert describes the history of the area.
Expert lectures - hear community leaders share lessons learned and in-depth information about the community.
Experiencing culture - understand and enjoy a new atmospheric lifestyle that's unique to the destination.
Networking - develop relationships with business and civic leaders committed to the Downtown Bellevue experience.
- In-depth look at attractions shaping the downtown experience.
- Insight on core economic development, transportation and land use issues.
- Review emerging opportunities and trends.
- Understand new strategies for shaping downtown livability.
- Encounter unique marketing practices that define and enhance the downtown profile.
Past Study Tour Destinations
- (2019) Dallas, Texas
- (2018) Santa Monica, California
- (2017) Nashville, Tennessee
- (2016) San Jose, California
- (2015) Minneapolis, Minnesota
- (2014) Austin, Texas
- (2013) Pasadena, California
- (2012) Denver, Colorado
If you want more information about joining the next study tour delegation, please contact Matt Jack, Policy Director.