BDA Study Tour
Explore National Landing in Arlington, VA!
April 27-29, 2022
Made up of the three thriving neighborhoods of Crystal City, Pentagon City, and Potomac Yard, National Landing is located at the center of the Washington, DC, metro area and is Virginia’s largest walkable downtown.
The 2022 Study Tour is now SOLD OUT! If you are interested in joining, please add your name to our waitlist. If a spot opens, we will contact you ASAP.
Have questions? Please contact Matt Jack with questions regarding registration or the program. We look forward to seeing you in April!
What is a Study Tour?
The BDA organizes an annual group of community stakeholders to visit another downtown. Typically a three-day urban excursion, the study tour itinerary is designed to expose the group to a range of experiences that helps broaden their understanding of other downtown communities.
What to look forward to:
- Walking tours guided by local experts.
- Hear from visionary leaders who are implementing plans, building projects and managing growth.
- Network and build relationships with fellow delegates committed to strengthening the economic and cultural vitality of Downtown Bellevue.
- Learn lessons and innovative ideas related to city building that help guide future decision-making in Bellevue.
Lessons attendees come back with:
- In-depth look at attractions shaping the downtown experience.
- Insight on core economic development, transportation and land use issues.
- Review emerging opportunities and trends.
- New strategies for shaping downtown livability.
- Unique marketing practices that define and enhance a downtown's profile.
Past Study Tour Destinations
- (2019) Dallas, Texas
- (2018) Santa Monica, California
- (2017) Nashville, Tennessee
- (2016) San Jose, California
- (2015) Minneapolis, Minnesota
- (2014) Austin, Texas
- (2013) Pasadena, California
- (2012) Denver, Colorado
If you want more information about joining the next study tour delegation, please contact Matt Jack, Policy Director.