BDA TRANSPORTATION COMMITTEE
NEXT MEETING (APR 10)
Rounding out work on Curb Management Plan
The BDA Transportation Committee meets to round out its year-long engagement with the City to develop a Curb Management Plan (CMP). A draft version of the final CMP is tentatively scheduled for release on April 6; however, it may be delayed to May 4 because the April 11 Bellevue Transportation Commission meeting was canceled due to quorum. Based on these scenarios, the BDA will pursue one of the three routes in its latest CMP advocacy roadmap. Updates will be shared with BDA members subscribed for Transportation Committee email notifications.
The April gathering was moved from its regular meeting cadence to support the BDA's ability to process a final position before the draft CMP is transmitted to Council. An additional 15 minutes was added to the meeting to support a committee action.
Monday, April 10
12:00 - 1:15 pm
Access information is shared via email to BDA members who've joined the committee.
(Mar 2023) COB Slide Deck on Next Steps 30 pages
(Mar 2023) Draft Curb Typology Maps 8 pages
(Feb 2023) COB Slide Deck on Curbside Practices and Pilot Roadmap 41 pages
(Feb 2023) COB Memo on CMP Curbside Practices 4 pages
(Jan 2023) COB State of the Curb – Existing Conditions Report 52 pages
(Jan 2023) COB Memo on CMP Curb Typology 8 pages
(Oct 2022) COB Slides on CMP Curb Typology and Prioritization 81 pages
(Jul 2022) COB Slides on CMP Curb Demand and Pricing Concepts 21 pages
Want to join?
Joining grants members access to BDA Transportation Committee meetings, policy updates, and internal reporting. Contact Matt Jack if you're a BDA member who'd like to join.
- Mobility Implementation Plan - Once commonly referred as “Transportation Master Plan”, the MIP is a long-term planning framework that consolidates existing transportation plans to ensure compatibility with land use policies and visions. Policy work on the MIP is expected to span all of 2021 and go into 2022.
- Curbside Management - Support efforts to establish a policy framework to organize and manage the increasing demand curb space from different competing uses. The City of Bellevue is working to develop a Curbside Management Plan - work was initiated early in 2022.
- I-405 South Downtown Access Study - City of Bellevue has partnered with WSDOT to examine opportunities for an access portal on I-405 in South Downtown. Funding will have to come from the State.
- Multimodal Network Connectivity - Increasing options relies on balanced, safe and accessible system for all modes. Ongoing work includes supporting opportunities that expands and diversify multimodal connectivity without stressing existing right of way. This recently includes BDA support for the N/S bikeway on 108th Ave NE and E/W bikeway extension on Main St.
- I-405 Capacity and Access - Advocating to WSDOT and the Washington legislature for critical investments to advance and complete the I-405 Master Plan. These investments are necessary for Sound Transit's Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) project plans, a program supported by the BDA.
Committee members receive regular updates, resource materials, meeting invitations, and opportunities to communicate feedback. To join the committee, please contact Matt Jack, BDA Policy Director.