BDA TRANSPORTATION COMMITTEE
NEXT MEETING (Aug 11)
Curb Management Plan (CMP): Curb Pricing Principles and Strategies Continued
BDA members were briefed by City staff in July on the curb pricing principles and strategies proposed for the Curb Management Plan (CMP). Consensus was gathered then to reconvene on this topic in August to weigh the benefits against the issues and find alignment on a position.
The BDA Transportation Committee has been closely engaged in the CMP's development since the beginning of the year with the goal of establishing an informed body of work that will support advocacy at key milestones. The Bellevue Transportation Commission is expected to continue work on curb pricing and start work on curb typology in October.
Thursday, August 11
12:00 - 1:00pm
Access information is shared via email to BDA members who've joined the committee.
(Jul 2022) COB Slides on CMP Curb Demand and Pricing Concepts 21 pages
(Jul 2022) COB Memo on Pricing Structure 6 pages
(Jun 2022) "Policy Crosswalk" - Matric of Latest Proposed Policy Updates 2 pages
Want to join?
Joining grants members access to BDA Transportation Committee meetings, policy updates, and internal reporting. Contact Matt Jack if you're a BDA member who'd like to join.
- Mobility Implementation Plan - Once commonly referred as “Transportation Master Plan”, the MIP is a long-term planning framework that consolidates existing transportation plans to ensure compatibility with land use policies and visions. Policy work on the MIP is expected to span all of 2021 and go into 2022.
- Curbside Management - Support efforts to establish a policy framework to organize and manage the increasing demand curb space from different competing uses. The City of Bellevue is working to develop a Curbside Management Plan - work was initiated early in 2022.
- I-405 South Downtown Access Study - City of Bellevue has partnered with WSDOT to examine opportunities for an access portal on I-405 in South Downtown. Funding will have to come from the State.
- Multimodal Network Connectivity - Increasing options relies on balanced, safe and accessible system for all modes. Ongoing work includes supporting opportunities that expands and diversify multimodal connectivity without stressing existing right of way. This recently includes BDA support for the N/S bikeway on 108th Ave NE and E/W bikeway extension on Main St.
- I-405 Capacity and Access - Advocating to WSDOT and the Washington legislature for critical investments to advance and complete the I-405 Master Plan. These investments are necessary for Sound Transit's Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) project plans, a program supported by the BDA.
Committee members receive regular updates, resource materials, meeting invitations, and opportunities to communicate feedback. To join the committee, please contact Matt Jack, BDA Policy Director.