BDA TRANSPORTATION COMMITTEE
Supporting System Recovery
Committee members will discuss return to work trends and how the BDA can support transportation services and systems impacted by the pandemic.
Reliable information about Downtown Bellevue’s return to work trends are important for transportation policy planning. And reliable information about Downtown Bellevue mobility options are important for return to work planning. Committee members will review this cycle of missing information and identify next steps.
Wednesday, April 28
12:00 - 1:00pm
Must be a committee member to access
Want to join?
Joining grants members access to BDA Transportation Committee meetings, policy updates, and internal reporting. Contact Matt Jack if you're a BDA member who'd like to join.
- Mobility Implementation Plan - Once commonly referred as “Transportation Master Plan”, the MIP is a long-term planning framework that consolidates existing transportation plans to ensure compatibility with land use policies and visions. Policy work on the MIP is expected to span all of 2021 and go into 2022.
- Curbside Management - Analyzing the growing issue of modes competing for curb space. The City of Bellevue is studying this challenge to support future work on solutions.
- I-405 South Downtown Access Study - City of Bellevue has partnered with WSDOT to examine opportunities for an access portal on I-405 in South Downtown. Funding will have to come from the State.
- Multimodal Network Connectivity - Increasing options relies on balanced, safe and accessible system for all modes. Ongoing work includes supporting opportunities that expands and diversify multimodal connectivity without stressing existing right of way. This recently includes BDA support for the N/S bikeway on 108th Ave NE and E/W bikeway extension on Main St.
- I-405 Capacity and Access - Advocating to WSDOT and the Washington legislature for critical investments to advance and complete the I-405 Master Plan. These investments are necessary for Sound Transit's Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) project plans, a program supported by the BDA.
Committee members receive regular updates, resource materials, meeting invitations, and opportunities to communicate feedback. To join the committee, please contact Matt Jack, BDA Policy Director.