BDA TRANSPORTATION COMMITTEE
Next Meeting (11/18)
Update on Bellevue Transit System
Sound Transit and King County Metro will brief the BDA Transportation Committee on transit impacts caused by the pandemic and steps taken to preserve services. Learn how the transit system is adapting to challenges and preparing for increased ridership when the economy recovers. This is an information-only meeting to support future discussions.
- Brian de Place, Director, System Planning, Sound Transit
- Michael Couvrette, Manager, Service Planning, Sound Transit
- Luke Lamon, Government Relations Manager, Sound Transit
- Katie Chalmers, Supervisor, Service Planning, King County Metro
- Brian Henry, Transportation Planner IV, Ming County Metro
Wednesday, November 18
12:00 - 1:00pm
Want to join?
BDA Transportation Committee members receive Zoom access information via email. Contact BDA Public Policy Director Matt Jack if you're a BDA member who'd like to join the committee and be added to the email distribution list. Committee meetings are reserved for members and approved guests.
- Curbside Management - Analyzing the growing issue of modes competing for curb space. The City of Bellevue is studying this challenge to support future work on solutions.
- I-405 South Downtown Access Study - City of Bellevue has partnered with WSDOT to examine opportunities for an access portal on I-405 in South Downtown. Funding will have to come from the State.
- Multimodal Network Connectivity - Increasing options relies on balanced, safe and accessible system for all modes. Ongoing work includes supporting opportunities that expands and diversify multimodal connectivity without stressing existing right of way. This recently includes BDA support for the N/S bikeway on 108th Ave NE and E/W bikeway extension on Main St.
- I-450 Capacity and Access - Advocating to WSDOT and the Washington legislature for critical investments to advance and complete the I-405 Masterplan. These investments are necessary for Sound Transit's Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) project plans, a program supported by the BDA.
Committee members receive regular updates, resource materials, meeting invitations, and opportunities to communicate feedback. To join the committee, please contact Matt Jack, BDA Policy Director.