About the BDA
Established in 1974, the Bellevue Downtown Association is a nonprofit, membership organization leading the evolution of downtown from a suburban enclave to a thriving urban center.
To strengthen the economic and cultural vitality of Downtown Bellevue.
Downtown Bellevue is the economic and cultural heart of the Eastside in an interconnected region. We are a:
- Viable, livable, memorable and accessible city core.
- Center for creative global talent and innovative businesses.
- Thriving retail, dining and entertainment destination.
- Healthy and engaged residential community.
- Vibrant partner with surrounding cities and neighborhoods.
Leadership and Advocacy - Represent members with a shared vision and strong voice in the planning and development of Downtown.
Growth and Economic Vitality – Cultivate and promote Downtown as the preferred place to live, work, play, visit, and invest.
Collaboration – Convene diverse interests and promote an open and informed dialogue among Downtown stakeholders and constituents.
Celebration – Foster a dynamic, creative and diverse civic and cultural community.
- Access and mobility/transportation
- Arts and cultural environment
- Economic climate
- Effective civic framework
- Land use and livability
- Physical environment & infrastructure
- Regional leadership
- Job growth, workforce population
- Retail and entertainment growth, taxable sales
- Residential growth, population
- BDA membership growth and member participation
- Strategic Plan and annual Work Plan tracking and progress
- Board composition
Mobility - Prioritize transportation, overall mobility, and access through strong advocacy and TransManage programs.
- Provide leadership for and champion plans to improve multi-modal mobility, reduce congestion and accommodate growth.
- Update and implement the BDA’s Downtown Access strategy and priorities for future investment.
- Refresh and support the strategic plan for TransManage’s growing programs in Bellevue on the Eastside.
- Represent our members and the downtown community on light rail’s construction impacts and business relations activities.
Presence – Expand the BDA’s role and presence in marketing, activating and serving the Downtown Area.
- Stage community events, activate public spaces and cultivate employee and customer attraction in the Downtown area.
- Build and sustain Downtown’s regional and national visibility with defined marketing/public relations campaigns and robust online tools.
- Publish compelling content and research about downtown’s growth, economy and benefits to the region.
- Host member-focused events that facilitate dialogue and engagement on key issues and opportunities for Downtown.
- Celebrate Bellevue’s growing diversity in member and community event programming.
Vitality – Enhance Downtown’s economic vitality, livability, and physical environment.
- Represent the Downtown community and partner in economic development, infrastructure, public safety, tourism, and cultural initiatives.
- Achieve BDA goals in the Downtown Livability Initiative, consistent with the BDA’s Land Use & Livability Strategy and recommendations.
- Attract and enable the city’s most concentrated development downtown.
- Optimize development economics and generate desired public benefits.
- Motivate excellent urban design and strong architectural interest in the built environment.
- Enhance downtown’s neighborhood identities, character and pedestrian environment.
- Integrate with transportation and utility planning and support the Downtown Access Strategy.
- Advance district-wide improvements and benefits for downtown (clean and safe operations, economic research, wayfinding/banners/signage, marketing, and parking resources).
- Identify planned actions to engage and collaborate with the residential community.