Take the Refresh Recycling Pledge
As the season changes and we move into fall, it's time to buckle in and get back down to business. If you haven't yet considered it, think about revamping your recycling schedule and habits - a little bit can go a long way!
Join other businesses that are improving their recycling and taking pride in keeping more waste out of the landfill. See who's taken the pledge in Bellevue! Read on for tips about how to get started.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 425-452-6932. They'll give you the guidance needed and answer any questions.
Refresh Recycling steps:
- Review what your business currently recycles. Bellevue Utilities provides free on-site auditing.
- Educate your employees about everything they can recycle in your building with signage. Bellevue Utilities can help you out with free posters.
- Post reminders and offer training. Bellevue Utilities conducts staff presentations for local businesses and is also able to speak to your custodial crew and your property manager as needed.
- Check recycling containers inside and outside the building to make sure recycling ends up in the right containers.
- Purchase recycled content products where possible.
- Check with custodial staff to confirm they know and understand the recycling collection plan.
- Collect and arrange to recycle at least one of the following materials that are not accepted in the commingled office recycling container: Styrofoam, ink cartridges, toner cartridges, batteries, cell phones, or plastic film.