The Magic of Ice Cream: Six Sweet Spots for the Summer
There is no better experience than tasting the first bite of ice cream on a hot day! With high temperatures this week, you might find yourself wondering where the best spots are for the sweet dessert. Luckily, we compiled a list of six spots to help keep you from melting away in the sun!
Making the world better one scoop at a time, Molly Moon’s brings hard work, exceptional ingredients, and sustainable practices starting from the kitchen to the moment you get your cone. Right now, try their tempting seasonal flavors made with fresh ingredients from the northwest.
- Pink Lemonade Sorbet: A refreshing light sorbet mixed with perky lemons and luscious raspberries for a mouthhwatering tart flavor. A perfect mixture for any hot day!
With a $5 correspondence course in ice cream-making and a $12,000 investment, two guys opened up their first ice cream shop inside a renovated gas station in 1978. As we now know, Ben & Jerry’s has come a long way from just a one-time shop. Located inside Bellevue Square, you'll get to escape the heat entirely while enjoying your chilled treat!
- Oatmeal Cookie Chunk: If you’re craving a two-in-one dessert, this one's for you! This treat is made with gluten-free oatmeal cookies, fudge flakes, and cinnamon ice cream.
Started in Seattle in 2011, Lunchbox Laboratory continues to be known for the “world’s best burger and shakes”. It is no surprise we recommend their uncommon shakes to cool down. Our favorites are the boozie milkshakes to shake up your summer fun! For just $4, spike your shake with Malibu Coconut, Whipped Cream Vodka and more.
- The Drunken Elvis: This delicious treat is made with vanilla ice cream, graham cracker,peanut butter, banana with a test tube spike of Malibu Banana, Pinnacle Whipped Vodka and Irish Cream.
FogRose ice cream is truly different from any kind! Using natural ingredients and a bit of science, they have taken liquid nitrogen to create smooth, dense, and creamy textures to create a new surprise to your tastebuds. Don’t wait, check out their menu now for more eccentric flavors like Olive Oil and Matcha.
- Blueberry Lavendar: This flavor became an instant fan-favorite with its intense color and aromatic scent! Try it with fun toppings like a delicious macaron or have it inside a tasty waffle cone bowl.
While their specialty lies in steak and sushi, Ascend makes the list with their high-class ice cream dishes made especially for you. Ascend elevates desserts with vibrant colors and premium ingredients to transport you to sorbet heaven! More desserts can be found on their menu.
- "CHILL": This sorbet trio dessert is made with coconut pandan, yuzu dragon fruit, white peach champagne, and toasted coconut crumb. A delicious treat to end your dinner with!
Known as one of the sweetest places on earth, Sugar Factory offers never-before-seen treats and desserts! Go crazy for their insane milkshakes dressed from head-to-toe with all the toppings you could ever ask for.
- Princess Make a Wish: This bright pink over-the-top milkshake with have you wishing for more. It's made with vanilla ice cream, topped with whipped cream, a giant marshmallow wheel, white chocolate Kit-Kat and a pink frosted cupcake served in a white chocolate mug covered in pink sprinkles!
Some restaurant hours may differ due to extreme heat. Check online for more up-to-date hours
Blog images courtesy of: Molly Moon's, Ben & Jerry's, Lunchbox Laboratory, FogRose Atelier, Ascend Prime Steak & Sushi, Sugar Factory, and Visit Bellevue Images Courtesy of Tutta Bella
This blog is part of the Heart of Bellevue: our campaign to showcase local businesses while connecting you with stories of activity, creativity and recovery. Find out about our campaign and explore more of what’s happening around Downtown.
SIGN UP FOR THE HEART OF BELLEVUE NEWSLETTER