Celebrating Bellevue's 21st Magic Season!
The 21st annual Bellevue Magic Season kicked off November 24th turning Downtown Bellevue into the perfect whimsical holiday destination. Don’t miss out on The Bellevue Collection’s Snowflake Lane, holiday performances at Meydenbauer Centre Theatre, half a million lights at Garden d’Lights, and an expanded ice arena at Bellevue Downtown Park.
We've outlined some of the highlights in this year's holiday event season including updates on events.
Explore Bellevue's Holiday Events:
November 24, 2017 – January 15, 2018
Produced by Bellevue Downtown Association
The Magic Season Ice Arena is the region’s largest open-air holiday skating experience. The festive venue features a heated viewing area, shelter for all-weather skating, concessions, and a series of special skating events.
- Returns to Bellevue Downtown Park – 10201 NE 4th Street, southwest corner near Inspiration Playground
- Expanded ice surface – now over 9,000 square feet, an increase of 25% over previous years
- $14 admission (includes skate rental), $10 admission for 8 years and under (includes skate rental)
- Free Skate Mondays compliments of Alaska Airlines Visa Signature® card and Bank of America. Show your Alaska Airlines Visa Signature® card or Bank of America debit or credit card to receive two free skate admissions on Mondays. Promotion valid for one card per guest, per visit.
- Discount Admission Pass – purchase 10 skate admissions for $95 (includes skate rental), a savings of $45! Available at bellevuedowntown.com or during public hours at the Ice Arena.
- Special events including free skating lessons, stroller skating and themed skate experiences
November 24 – December 24, 2017
Produced and Presented by The Bellevue Collection and the Kemper Freeman family
The Bellevue Collection has expanded and so has Snowflake Lane. You can experience all your favorite characters – with falling snow, beautiful lights, and delightful holiday music. The nightly parade can be seen from any place on the sidewalks on both sides of Bellevue Way between NE 4th Street and NE 8th Street with its new extended route. Standing in the street is not permitted.
- Nightly at 7 p.m.
- The One Place Where Snow Falls Every Night
- Visit SnowflakeLane.com for parade route and complete information.
November 25 – December 31, 2017
Produced by Bellevue Botanical Garden Society in partnership with Bellevue Parks & Community Services
Garden d’Lights features over half a million sparkling lights formed into the whimsical shapes of plants, flowers, birds, animals, and cascading waterfalls set amid the natural beauty of the Bellevue Botanical Garden. Supported by Classical KING FM 98.1.
- Bellevue Botanical Garden – 12001 Main Street, Bellevue
- Open nightly, 4:30 – 9 p.m., lights go out at 9:30 p.m.
- $5 admission, children 10 and under free. Advance tickets available online at gardendlights.org.
- Event Free Nights – no tickets required on Nov. 27 – 30 and Dec. 4 – 7
- On-site parking $5 per vehicle (cash only), free with disabled parking permit. Free parking at Wilburton Hill Park.
- More information at gardendlights.org
November 25 – December 23, 2017
Meydenbauer Center Theatre hosts an enchanting series of holiday themed productions, including Evergreen City Ballet’s The Nutcracker, Sammamish Symphony Orchestra’s Christmas in Bellevue, International Ballet Theatre’s The Nutcracker, and Magical Strings – A Celtic Yuletide.
- Meydenbauer Center Theatre – 11100 NE 6th Street, Bellevue
- Tickets for most shows available through Brown Paper Tickets: 1-800-838-3006 or BrownPaperTickets.com
- For more information and a complete schedule of performances, visit meydenbauer.com or call (425) 450-3810.
Celebrating its 21st year, the Bellevue Magic Season is supported by the following sponsors and partners: Alaska Airlines Visa Signature® card, Bank of America, Sound Transit, Overlake Medical Center, PACCAR Inc, City of Bellevue, The Bellevue Collection, KidsQuest Children’s Museum, Bellevue Botanical Garden Society, Bellevue Parks & Community Services, Meydenbauer Center Theatre, The Seattle Times, KOMO 4 TV, KOMO Newsradio, Talk Radio 570 KVI, STAR 101.5, and Seattle Refined.