Celebrating St. Patrick's Day in Downtown Bellevue
Emma Sullivan, March 8, 2018
St. Patrick's Day is one of my favorite days of the year, probably because it's one of the lowest-pressure holidays of the year. No need to find the perfect gift, no need for the perfect outfit, no concerns about whether you cooked the turkey right. It's also when anyone with an ounce of Irish blood (myself included) crawls out to celebrate with good beer, strong whiskey, outrageously green clothing, and an appetite for fun. What's not to love?
If you're wondering where can you have the best time in Downtown Bellevue, no problem! I've got you covered with a few options. So... grab your drinking buddy, brush off your suspenders and come on out to Downtown Bellevue where the Guinness is flowing and the company is good! I'll see you there!
St. Patrick's Day Ideas
- Comedy at the Parlor: Nothing says 'Irish' like bad humor, right? (Just kidding - I'm Irish, I can say that). The Parlor has long been a Downtown Bellevue fixture for comedy - why not grab a ticket and see what it's all about? The Lucas Bros are performing on the 17th.
- Pub Crawl with Firefighters: Join the King County Fire Fighters Pipes & Drums for their annual St. Patrick's Day Pub Crawl! This year, they'll be stopping at Downtown Bellevue locations including Bellevue Square, Paddy Coyne's Irish Pub, Tavern Hall, and Henry's Tavern.
- Celebrate at the Farm: Celebrate St. Patty's Day at Kelsey Creek Farm from 10 - 11:30 a.m. Activities include making green treats, getting to know some of the farm animals, and hunting for a pot of gold in the barnyard. Family-only event meant for teams of adults with children age 3-6.
- Grab a Pint at Paddy Coyne's Irish Pub: Our favorite local Irish pub has a bumpin' happy hour from 3 - 6 p.m. and 10 p.m. - 12 a.m. Prepare for St. Patrick's Day by becoming a member of their "Irish Club" - all you have to do is try all 25 of their beverages (you've still got over a week to do it... and now you have an excuse to go out for beers, you're welcome).
- Celebrate Jameson: at Suite Restaurant / Lounge's St. Patrick's Day celebration. From 4 p.m. - 2 a.m., join other revelers for aerial acrobat performances (!!!), Jameson Irish Whiskey drink specials, a DJ and more! The best part? No cover!
- Get the Full Irish Experience: at Bake's Place! From 8 p.m., the Irish Experience bring their annual celebration of Irish music to Bake's Place!
- Irish Bites & Specials: at McCormick & Schmick's, which will be offering themed specials all day!
- St. Patrick's Day Dash: I know, this isn't technically in Downtown Bellevue but why not run off some calories earlier in the day so that you can come back to the Eastside and feel like you've earned your beer (or three)? Morph suits and neon green socks recommended.
I'll send you off with one of my favorite Irish toasts...
May your glass be ever full,
May the roof over your head be always strong,
And may you be in heaven
Half an hour before the devil knows you're dead.