Stay Safe This Halloween
Halloween is an occasion to let out your most exuberant, ghoulish self. The most important part of the night is enjoying time with your friends and family. While this is a night for fun and (safe) tricks, use these tips and tricks to plan ahead for costume and safety decisions so that you can focus on having fun when you're trick or treating.
Halloween Safety Tips
- Always use sidewalks and designated walking paths. Obey traffic signs and signals and don't cross in the middle of the road.
- Add reflective tape to costumes or carry a glow stick or flashlight so that you and your kids are visible by drivers at all times.
- Avoid masks that obstruct vision and make sure costumes aren't so long that your kids might trip on them.
- It's been said a thousand times but we'll say it again. Look both ways when you cross the street.
- Go through your kids' candy before they eat it - throw out anything that looks opened or tampered with, check for anything that might trigger allergies.
- Only go to houses with a porch light on and never go into a house - only accept treats at the front door.
- Go trick-or-treating in groups. Make sure a trusted adult accompanies the group.
Is My Costume Offensive?
We won't go on and on about this but check out this useful costume guide by GQ for a general guide on what is and isn't appropriate.
With these tips in mind, we hope you and your family have a safe and spooktacular Halloween - trick or treat!