Red, White, and Bellevue! Celebrating the 4th during a pandemic
July 1, 2020 - by Kensey Wentworth
Red, White, and Bellevue!
Celebrating the 4th During a Pandemic
While we won’t be having our annual Bellevue Family 4th this year, there are several other ways to celebrate in Downtown Bellevue (and from your own backyard!). Safety is paramount as we recover from COVID-19. We look forward to the days we can celebrate together again in our parks and businesses.
Here are some of our favorite activities you can do this weekend-- all while supporting the Heart of Bellevue!
Have a picnic in the park
Bellevue Family 4th may be canceled, but our 20-acre park is still open! Grab a blanket, order some takeout from a nearby restaurant, and enjoy a picnic in the Downtown Park. See our full directory of restaurants ready to serve you on Saturday. There are also several other parks you can explore in Bellevue. You'll just have to wait until next year for those fireworks...
Take your pup on a neighborhood Dog Jog & Walk
Although Four on the 4th is canceled this year, we encourage you to host your own dog jog this weekend! Take your pup on a 4K around the neighborhood and consider donating to Seattle Humane.
Win some treats! Tag a photo of your patriotic pup with #bellevue4on4th, and you could win a doggie prize pack from our friends at Whole Foods!
Soak up the sun at an outdoor patio
When it comes to combining quality dining and great outdoor seating, Downtown Bellevue has many options to choose from. Some venues are even hosting live music this Saturday! Our favorite patios open in Phase 2 include:
- Bake’s Place Bar & Bistro, open 4-8pm
- Enjoy the Mark Dufresne Band on the patio, live music starts at 6:00pm. Reservations highly encouraged.
- 520 Bar & Grill, open 11am-11pm
- DJ will be playing outside from 12-9pm on Saturday. Tables are very limited, call ahead to make reservations and check wait times.
- Central Bar + Restaurant, open 11am-12am
- Patio and inside dining available. Call ahead to make reservations.
- Daniel’s Broiler, open 3pm-9pm
- Enjoy stunning views of the Olympic Mountains, downtown Bellevue, and the Seattle skyline from their outdoor decks. Reserve online.
Get some quality meat for your backyard BBQ
Grilling this weekend? Support a local business when you fire up the BBQ. Some Bellevue restaurants are providing excellent 4th of July meat packages. These boxes particularly caught our eye:
- Independence Day Butcher Boxes from John Howie Steak
- Seasoned pork ribs, Waygu beef, grilled corn, chicken sausages, coleslaw, and more. Each box includes a 1-lb container of red, white and blue oatmeal cookie dough. Orders can be placed by phone at (425) 440-0880, pick up any day between Wednesday July 1st and Friday July 3rd between 3pm and 8pm daily.
- Frozen Seafood Boxes from Seastar Restaurant & Raw Bar
- Calling all seafood lovers! Seastar claims "If it's in the ocean, you got it!" for this box. Crab legs, scallops, lobster tails, and more. Order your box for pickup at (425) 456-0010.
Cool off at a nearby beach park
The forecast calls for sun this weekend! Relax by the water at one of the many beaches around Bellevue. Lifeguards are now monitoring swim areas daily at six beach parks. If you decide to venture out and enjoy the parks, please remember to wear face coverings when unable to stay six feet away from others. Check hours for specific beaches on the City Parks website.
Turn up the tunes while celebrating from home
Although Fitz won’t be doing a countdown to the fireworks show this year, The Bull is hosting a “Red White and Bull Fantasy Music Festival” for 4th of July weekend. Listen to the biggest names in country music on their website, app or 98.9 The Bull FM.
Celebrate safely: respect the ban
Bellevue Police and Fire departments are asking for residents and visitors to stay safe this Fourth of July. Fireworks are illegal in the City of Bellevue and carry a $1,000 fine. Please report any violators to MyBellevue.
Share how you celebrate!
We’d love to see how you and your family celebrate in Bellevue this year! Post your 4th of July pics and tag #heartofbellevue or #bellevuefamily4th. We look forward to celebrating with you in a big way next year!